- Browse Books
- WOTS 2020
- Book Blog
- Bookshop Staff Holiday Gift Recommendations 2020
- 11/23/2020: NYT Book Review 10 Best Books of 2020
- 11/19/2020: 10 best books of 2020 from The Washington Post
- 11/20/20: "Unsettled Ground" examines the shifting legacy of the 1847 Whitman massacre
- 11/19/20: Seattle’s indie booksellers suggest perfect gifts
- 11/18/2020: 6 new paperbacks
- 11/18/2020: National Book Awards announced
- Barack Obama Memoir November 17, 2020
- By-Appointment Holiday Shopping
- 15 Feel good books recommended by The Washington Post
- 11/11/2020: The Plot Thickens recommends recent crime books
- 11/12/2020: Shop Indie Bookstores now!
- 11/10/2020: Megan Rapinoe's new memoir "One Life"
- 10 books to read in November from the Washington Post
- Links for Book People
You are hereBack to top
"Transcendent Kingdom" the new novel from Yaa Gyasi
Heartbreaking, brilliant "Transcendent Kingdom" is a luminous story of faith and family from Yaa Gyasi. The review in The Seattle Times, here.
On npr, author Yaa Gyasi says writing can be 'an act of love and justice,' here.
Yaa Gyasi's first novel, "Homegoing," won a National Book Critics Circle Award and a PEN/Hemingway Award. Her latest is "Transcendent Kingdom." New review in The Washington Post.