- Browse Books
- Book Blog
- 2/17/19: Reviews + Columns
- Moira's Seattle Times Book Club
- 2/12/19: New Book Tuesday
- 2/7/19: Recent reviews + columns
- Scriber Lake High students release a new book!
- February Upcoming Releases
- PBS Now Read This Book Club announces February title
- 1/27/19 Reviews + Columns
- Great Beacon article about Lisa Reddick
- Links for Book People
You are hereBack to top
PBS Now Read This Book Club announces February title
February’s pick for the PBS NewsHour-New York Times book club is "The Wife" by Meg Wolitzer.
“The Wife” is a darkly funny, intelligent tale of what happens when you decide to stop sacrificing your own talents in service of your spouse’s success. Glenn Close, who plays the title character in last summer’s film adaptation, is up for an Academy Award for her performance.
In a review in the New York Times Book Review, American writer Claire Dederer calls the novel “a puzzle and an entertainment” and “a near heartbreaking document of feminist realpolitik.”
In the coming days, there will be discussion questions posted for “The Wife,” an annotated excerpt and writing advice from Wolitzer, who is the author of more than a dozen novels. At the end of the month, she will answer your questions on the PBS NewsHour.