- Browse Books
- Book Blog
- 2/26/2021: New York Times: new in paperback!
- 2/25/2021: Spring young adult titles you won't want to miss!
- 2/25/2021: Tom Stockley cookbook
- 2/25/2021: Literature from the COVID-19 era
- 2/24/2021: Jump-start your spring reading with these 6 new paperbacks
- 2/24/2021: Books to Watch for in March from The New York Times
- 2/23/2021: Viet Thanh Nguyen’s sequel "The Committed"
- From the NYT: Indigenous Writers Are Changing Sci-Fi
- Isabel Allende books
- Anne Lamott books
- 2/21/2021: Sunday Seattle Times Books!
- 2/18/2021: New Staff Book Recommendations!
- Links for Book People
You are hereBack to top
Zoom Book Club! "Rules for Visiting: A Novel" by Jessica Francis Kane
Zoom meeting, Wednesday morning March 17, 2021: 9 - 10am.
Fun, hilarious, and extremely touching.--NPR
Dry, witty, and unapologetic, May Attaway loves literature and her work as a botanist for the university in her hometown. More at home with plants than people, May begins to suspect she isn't very good at friendship and wonders if it's possible to improve with practice. Granted some leave from her job, she sets out on a journey to spend time with four long-neglected friends.
Smart, funny, and full of compassion, "Rules for Visiting" is the story of a search for friendship in the digital age, a singular look at the way we stay in touch. While May travels, she studies her friends' lives and begins to confront the pain of her own.
With simplicity and honesty, Jessica Francis Kane has crafted an exquisite story about a woman trying to find a new way to be in the world. This nourishing book, with its beautiful contemplation of travel, trees, family, and friendship, is the perfect antidote to our chaotic times.
Send us an email here EdmondsbookshopBookclub@gmail.com to register your email for book club membership. We will send you an invitation with a Zoom Meeting link as each book club meeting is scheduled. Once you accept the invitation it will show up in your calendar.
Wednesday, March 17, 2021 - 9:00am to 10:00am
111 5th Ave. South
Edmonds, WA 98020