- Browse Books
- Book Blog
- 11/22/19: The 10 Best Books of 2019 chosen by The New York Times Book Review
- 11/22/19: Lindy West casts another witty, incisive spell with “The Witches Are Coming”
- 11/20/19: 2019 National Book Award winners announced
- PNBA 2020 Book Awards Shortlist!
- 11/19/19: New paperback titles
- 11/15/19: The Plot Thickens column in The Seattle Times
- 11/14/19: Mary Ann Gwinn recommends 4 new biographies
- 11/10/19: Beautiful New Gluten-Free Cookbook
- November: Oprah and Reese have both chosen new book club books
- Links for Book People
You are hereBack to top
Welcome Jeffrey Briggs and his new mystery, "Out of the Cold Dark Sea"
We are thrilled to welcome Jeffrey Briggs and the debut novel in his Seattle Waterfront Mystery series, "Out of the Cold Dark Sea."
The dark, cold waters of Puget Sound can hide its secrets for a long time until mysteries and old grudges arise like ghosts from a history long-forgotten. Alone on a pier in the pre-dawn rain, Martha Whitaker waits in vain for her mentor and long-time friend, Hewitt Wilcox. Martha must navigate secrets new and old to clear her name and locate her missing friend. Before anyone else is killed. Resourceful, strong, and steeled by inner wounds, she's joined by a crusading journalist, who believes Hewitt's disappearance may reveal ugly secrets about a chapter of American history. Together they're drawn into a sinister world of forgery, murder, and betrayal, and Martha is forced to confront her own dark past, where violence provided primal justice.
Visit his website here: jeffreydbriggs.com
Saturday, October 19, 2019 - 12:00pm to 1:00pm
111 5th Ave. South
Edmonds, WA 98020