- Browse Books
- Book Blog
- 1/21/2020: Paperback picks from The Seattle Times
- 1/15/2020: "A Very Stable Genius" New book portrays Trump as erratic, ‘at times dangerously uninformed’
- 1/21/2020: Ciscoe Morris has a new book!
- 1/20/2020: Reporters who broke Harvey Weinstein story to speak at Benaroya Hall.
- 1/17/2020:Historian Knute Berger adds a new introduction to a classic book about Seattle
- 1/16/2020: Why do catchy lyrics always get stuck in your head?
- 1/11/2020: Finalists announced for the NBCC 2019 Awards.
- 1/8/2020: New paperbacks to start your new year!
- 1/1/2020: President Obama's favorite books of 2019
- 1/1/2020: 5 of the most highly anticipated books of 2020
- Links for Book People
You are hereBack to top
Join us in welcoming Catherine Fransson with her new memoir "Loving the Enemy"
Catherine Fransson's new memoir, "Loving the Enemy: When the Favorite Parent Dies First" is the chronicle of her ongoing contention with her demanding father throughout her life until his decline in health in his late 90s. He was a man of few words and fewer overt affections. When her mother died before him, Catherine grappled with how to care for him in other than tense estrangement. She found deeper understanding in observing his personality day-by-day and in his stories of early deprivation. This memoir reveals how estrangement can be overcome with courage, time and an open heart.
About the Author
Catherine Fransson graduated from Everett High and the University of Washington. After a career as counselor at Roosevelt High in Seattle, she earned a Master of Divinity at Seattle University School of Theology and Divinity. Pastor Fransson served on the pastoral team at Seattle First Baptist Church from 2000 to 2015; she was adjunct professor at Seattle University ten of those years.
Visit her website for all kinds of additinal information, here.
Saturday, January 11, 2020 - 12:00pm to 1:00pm
111 5th Ave. South
Edmonds, WA 98020