- Browse Books
- Book Blog
- 2/26/2021: New York Times: new in paperback!
- 2/25/2021: Spring young adult titles you won't want to miss!
- 2/25/2021: Tom Stockley cookbook
- 2/25/2021: Literature from the COVID-19 era
- 2/24/2021: Jump-start your spring reading with these 6 new paperbacks
- 2/24/2021: Books to Watch for in March from The New York Times
- 2/23/2021: Viet Thanh Nguyen’s sequel "The Committed"
- From the NYT: Indigenous Writers Are Changing Sci-Fi
- Isabel Allende books
- Anne Lamott books
- 2/21/2021: Sunday Seattle Times Books!
- 2/18/2021: New Staff Book Recommendations!
- Links for Book People
You are hereBack to top
Join us for the virtual launch of Nicki Chen's brand new novel: "When in Vanuatu"
One of our very favorite very local authors, Nicki Chen, has a brand new novel being published April 27, 2021.
Join us, via Zoom, for a fantastic virtual launch of her new novel!
"When in Vanuatu: A Novel"
From a crowded Asian city to a small South Pacific island, an expatriate wife chases her hope for a child of her own.
"Once again, author Nicki Chen demonstrates her mastery of writing place and characterization. Having been an expat living in foreign countries as a young wife, I resonated with many of the opportunities and challenges Chen portrays. Give yourself the gift of peeking into not only the life of the protagonist, Diana, but also her community of friends, and the unique cultures of the Philippines and Vanuatu!"
--Kizzie Jones, co-project manager and contributor to "Writing In Place: Prose & Poetry from the Pacific Northwest"
Thursday, April 29, 2021 - 6:30pm to 7:30pm
111 5th Ave. South
Edmonds, WA 98020
Availability: Coming Soon - Available for Pre-Order Now
Published: She Writes Press - April 27th, 2021
Availability: Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Published: Independently Published - August 13th, 2020