- Browse Books
- 2023 IBD Exclusive Merchandise
- Book Blog
- Pre-Order the new Patrick Rothfuss: "The Narrow Road Between Desires"
- 9/15/23: NPR recommends books for For Hispanic Heritage Month
- 9/8/2023: Moira Macdonald recommends a dozen must-read new books for fall
- 9/5/2023: 2023 Washington State Book Award nominees
- September 2023 Pre-Orders!
- 8/31/2023: Washington Post selects 10 Noteworthy Books for September
- 8/30/2023: From The New York Times 16 Books to Read in September
- August 2023. Staff recommendations for rest of summer reading!
- 7/31/23: Moira Macdonald’s new paperback recommendations
- 7/28/23: Washington Post: 12 books to get you to the end of the summer and beyond
- 7/20/23: Barack Obama recommends Summer Reads!
- Seattle Arts + Lectures Announces 2023/24 Season!
- 12/1/2022: 2022 Staff Favorites!
- 2023 Banned Books Week
- npr recent book reviews and author interviews
- Latest Book Club choices from Oprah, Reese, Jenna + GMA
- Links for Book People
- Information for Authors
You are hereBack to top
Join Us for Children's Story Time with Dr. Margaret Towolawi!
Join us to welcome Dr. Margaret Towolawi! Medical Director and Founder of Nurture Well Center A Direct Primary Care Practice
About Margaret Towolawi, MD.
Dr. Towolawi is a double boarded physician (Lifestyle Medicine and Family Medicine). She has made the PNW her home for almost two decades. She trained at the University of Washington for medical school and also completed her family medicine residency at the UW. Her primary care clinical interests are varied and include: -Pediatrics - well child exams and teen health and Adult Heath with a special interest in lifestyle medicine, plant based diets, transgender healthcare, mental health, women's health and chronic diseases. She is interested in health care equity and firmly believes healthcare is a right not a privilege. She also is the founder of SkinStatMD, a practice the focuses on skin, hair and scalp conditions in skin of color. She recently launched the SkinStatMD product line available online and in her medical office. Outside of the office, she enjoys spending time with family and friends, mentoring students and exploring/participating in the arts.
Friday, October 27, 2023 - 9:30am to 10:00am
111 5th Ave. South
Edmonds, WA 98020
Availability: Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Published: Margaret Towolawi, MD - July 26th, 2022
"Ayomide and Seyi's Kitchen" inspires children to develop a love for diverse plant foods at a young age by taking them on a whirlwind alphabet tour. The book is narrated by six year old Ayomide who takes you on a fictional tour of various plant-based foods, including some interesting facts - with his four year old little sister, Seyi, alongside him. This ABC book is a "bite-sized" course on plant-based nutrition while keeping readers engaged through beautiful illustrations. Families are encouraged to try some of the foods mentioned in the book and start getting creative in the kitchen ... TOGETHER!