- Browse Books
- Book Blog
- 2/1/2023: Washington Post chooses 10 noteworthy books for February
- 2/1/2013: New York Times recommends 13 New Books Coming in February
- 2023 Celebration of Black History Month!
- 1/12/2023: Books we're looking forward to this year!
- 1/12/23: We have January 6th Reports!
- 1/5/2023: Monica Guzman Event at the Edmonds Waterfront Center
- 1/5/23. The PNBA Award Winners have been announced!
- 1/1/2023: The New York Times recommends 10 New Books Coming in January
- 1/1/2023: Washington post chooses 10 noteworthy books for January
- 12/26/2022: Books to look forward to in 2023, from Moira Macdonald at The Seattle Times
- 12/23/22: Barack Obama Shares his Favorite Books of 2022
- 12/1/2022: 2022 Staff Favorites!
- 11/29/22: New York Times Book Review choose 10 Best Books of 2022
- 11/17/22: The Washington Post names 10 best books of 2022
- npr recent book reviews and author interviews
- February 2023 Orders/Pre-orders!
- January 2023 Seattle Times Catch-Up
- Latest Book Club choices from Oprah, Reese, Jenna + GMA
- Links for Book People
You are hereBack to top
Klara and the Sun (Hardcover)
Email or call for price 425-775-2789
March 2021 Indie Next List
“Klara and the Sun from Nobel-winner Kazuo Ishiguro is a radiant new novel about the bond between Klara, an Artificial Friend, and Josie, her human companion. The setting, a dystopian realm of genetic editing and stark class divisions, is not surprising given the author’s previous work, yet Ishiguro’s immense, unwavering portrayal of kindness is astonishing and revitalizing. Classic Ishiguro themes of loyalty, friendship, and sacrifice weave through the novel, but the thread of love runs deep, giving the book warmth and hope so that the earned twist feels more like a dawn than a sunset. Whether you’re returning to Ishiguro or discovering his voice for the first time, I’m excited for you. This is a chance to bask in the brilliance of one the greatest writers of our time.”
— Caroline McGregor, Books & Books, Coral Gables, FL