- Browse Books
- Book Blog
- 3/5/2023: Recent Memoirs + Biographies About Women
- Elaine's March 2023 column: Historical Fiction by and About Women
- 3/1/2023: Washington Post chooses 10 noteworthy books for March
- 3/1/2023: The New York Times Recommends New Books for March
- March 2023 Pre-Orders!
- 2/7/2023: Beautiful and Cute Little Books!
- February 2023 Seattle Times Catch Up!
- 1/12/2023: Books we're looking forward to this year!
- 1/5/23. The PNBA Award Winners have been announced!
- 12/1/2022: 2022 Staff Favorites!
- npr recent book reviews and author interviews
- Latest Book Club choices from Oprah, Reese, Jenna + GMA
- Links for Book People
- Information for Authors
You are hereBack to top
Where Wonder Grows (Hardcover)
Pura Belpr Award, American Library Association (ALA)
ALA/ALSC Notable Children's Books, American Library Association (ALA)
Kirkus Reviews Best Books, Kirkus Reviews
Best Books of the Year, Center for the Study of Multicultural Children's Literature
Skipping Stones Honor Award, Skipping Stones Magazine
Bookstagang Best Books of the Year, Bookstagang
A 2023 Pura Belpr Illustrator Award Winner
From the creators of the award-winning picture book All Around Us comes another lyrical intergenerational story exploring our connections to nature, family, and traditions.
When Grandma walks to her special garden, her granddaughters know to follow her there. Grandma invites the girls to explore her collection of treasures--magical rocks, crystals, seashells, and meteorites--to see what wonders they reveal. "They are alive with wisdom," Grandma says. As her granddaughters look closely, the treasures spark the girls' imaginations. They find stories in the strength of rocks shaped by volcanoes, the cleansing power of beautiful crystals, the mystery of the sea that houses shells and shapes the environment, and the long journey meteorites took to find their way to Earth. This is the power of Grandma's special garden, where wonder grows and stories blossom.