- Browse Books
- Book Blog
- 2/17/19: Reviews + Columns
- Moira's Seattle Times Book Club
- 2/12/19: New Book Tuesday
- 2/7/19: Recent reviews + columns
- Scriber Lake High students release a new book!
- February Upcoming Releases
- PBS Now Read This Book Club announces February title
- 1/27/19 Reviews + Columns
- Great Beacon article about Lisa Reddick
- Links for Book People
You are hereBack to top
The Age of Innocence: Large Print (Large Print / Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
The Age of Innocence: Large Print by Edith Wharton Somewhere in this book, Wharton observes that clever liars always come up with good stories to back up their fabrications, but that really clever liars don't bother to explain anything at all. This is the kind of insight that makes The Age of Innocence so indispensable. Wharton's story of the upper classes of Old New York, and Newland Archer's impossible love for the disgraced Countess Olenska, is a perfectly wrought book about an era when upper-class culture in the U.S. was still a mixture of American and European extracts, and when society had rules as rigid as any in history.