- Browse Books
- Book Blog
- 2/1/2023: Washington Post chooses 10 noteworthy books for February
- 2/1/2013: New York Times recommends 13 New Books Coming in February
- 2023 Celebration of Black History Month!
- 1/12/2023: Books we're looking forward to this year!
- 1/12/23: We have January 6th Reports!
- 1/5/2023: Monica Guzman Event at the Edmonds Waterfront Center
- 1/5/23. The PNBA Award Winners have been announced!
- 1/1/2023: The New York Times recommends 10 New Books Coming in January
- 1/1/2023: Washington post chooses 10 noteworthy books for January
- 12/26/2022: Books to look forward to in 2023, from Moira Macdonald at The Seattle Times
- 12/23/22: Barack Obama Shares his Favorite Books of 2022
- 12/1/2022: 2022 Staff Favorites!
- 11/29/22: New York Times Book Review choose 10 Best Books of 2022
- 11/17/22: The Washington Post names 10 best books of 2022
- npr recent book reviews and author interviews
- February 2023 Orders/Pre-orders!
- January 2023 Seattle Times Catch-Up
- Latest Book Club choices from Oprah, Reese, Jenna + GMA
- Links for Book People
You are hereBack to top
The World We Make (Great Cities #2) (Compact Disc)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Four-time Hugo Award-winning and New York Times bestselling author N.K. Jemisin crafts a glorious fantasy (Neil Gaiman) -- a story of culture, identity, magic, and myths in contemporary New York City, in the final book of the Great Cities Duology.
Every great city has a soul. A human avatar that embodies their city's heart and wields its magic. New York? She's got six. But all is not well in the city that never sleeps. Though Brooklyn, Manny, Bronca, Venezia, Padmini, and Neek have temporarily managed to stop the Woman in White from invading--and destroying the entire universe in the process--the mysterious capital E Enemy has more subtle powers at her disposal. A new candidate for mayor wielding the populist rhetoric of gentrification, xenophobia, and law and order may have what it takes to change the very nature of New York itself and take it down from the inside. In order to defeat him, and the Enemy who holds his purse strings, the avatars will have to join together with the other Great Cities of the world in order to bring her down for good and protect their world from complete destruction.
The Great Cities Duology
The City We BecameThe World We Make