- Browse Books
- Book Blog
- 2/17/19: Reviews + Columns
- Moira's Seattle Times Book Club
- 2/12/19: New Book Tuesday
- 2/7/19: Recent reviews + columns
- Scriber Lake High students release a new book!
- February Upcoming Releases
- PBS Now Read This Book Club announces February title
- 1/27/19 Reviews + Columns
- Great Beacon article about Lisa Reddick
- Links for Book People
You are hereBack to top
The Same River (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Ever since a childhood tragedy bonded Jessica Jensen to Oregon's mighty Nesika River, she has seen herself as its guardian. Now a courageous field biologist, she has just finished gathering scientific evidence that could bring about the dismantling of the massive hydro dam that threatens to destroy her river. But then she discovers that her boss is suppressing her scientific evidence―leaving the dam's fate at the mercy of a far-reaching corporate conspiracy--and she falls into a current of loss and desperation. As Jess's life spirals out of control, she mysteriously starts to make contact with Piah, a member of the Native American Molalla tribe who lived on the riverbanks of the Nesika two hundred years before Jess. Piah, too, faces a terrible threat that could destroy all that's left of her world. As the veil between their two worlds begins to lift, each woman learns important lessons from the other about how to love, and to rekindle their faith in the future--even in the face of tragic loss and uncertainty.