- Browse Books
- Book Blog
- 2/17/19: Reviews + Columns
- Moira's Seattle Times Book Club
- 2/12/19: New Book Tuesday
- 2/7/19: Recent reviews + columns
- Scriber Lake High students release a new book!
- February Upcoming Releases
- PBS Now Read This Book Club announces February title
- 1/27/19 Reviews + Columns
- Great Beacon article about Lisa Reddick
- Links for Book People
You are hereBack to top
The Age of Innocence (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Winner of the 1921 Pulitzer Prize, The Age of Innocence is Edith Wharton's masterful portrait of desire and betrayal during the sumptuous Golden Age of Old New York, a time when society people "dreaded scandal more than disease." This is Newland Archer's world as he prepares to marry the beautiful but conventional May Welland. But when the mysterious Countess Ellen Olenska returns to New York after a disastrous marriage, Archer falls deeply in love with her. Torn between duty and passion, Archer struggles to make a decision that will either courageously define his life-or mercilessly destroy it.