- Browse Books
- Book Blog
- 1/15/2022: Books to look forward to!
- 1/11/2022: new novels from Jonathan Evison and David Guterson!
- 1/7/2022: 2022 PNBA Award Winners!
- 1/2/2022: Marie Claire recommends best books of 2022
- 12/31/2021: Washington Post critic Ron Charles chooses his favorite books of the year.
- 12/31/2021: Moira Macdonald picks 15 of the most anticipated books of 2022
- 12/30/2021: January 2022 Books recommended by the New York Times
- 12/28/2021: 10 Books for January from The Washington Post
- 12/24/2021: Seattle Times books writers pick their favorite books of 2021
- 12/2021: President Obama's 2021 recommended reading list
- December 2021: These are the books you're looking for!
- December 2021 Bonus list! Our favorite books of the year.
- 12/10/2021: Time Magazine Chooses the 10 Best Fiction Books of 2021
- Latest Book Club choices from Oprah, Reese, Jenna + GMA
- Links for Book People
You are hereBack to top
Piranesi (Large Print / Paperback)
Coming Soon - Available for Pre-Order Now
September 2020 Indie Next List
“It was more than 15 years ago that Susanna Clarke built a wing on the edifice of fantasy fiction unlike any seen before in the form of a debut novel called Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell. After so long, I’d be grateful for any new work from her, but I’m unspeakably glad that she’s again constructed something entirely new. Piranesi has a smaller footprint than her previous novel, but makes more efficient use of space, cramming an entire unsettling universe into a book far bigger on the inside than it is out.”
— James Crossley, Madison Books, Seattle, WA
Piranesi's house is no ordinary building: its rooms are infinite, its corridors endless, its walls are lined with thousands upon thousands of statues, each one different. Within the labyrinth of halls an ocean is imprisoned; waves thunder up staircases, rooms are flooded in an instant. Piranesi is not afraid; he lives to explore the house. There is one other person in the house - a man called The Other, who visits Piranesi twice a week and asks for help with research into A Great and Secret Knowledge. As Piranesi explores, evidence emerges of another person, and a terrible truth begins to unravel, revealing a world beyond the one Piranesi has always known.