- Browse Books
- WOTS 2021
- Book Blog
- 10/10/2021: a week of Seattle Times book reviews
- 10/7/2021: Nobel Prize in Literature: Abdulrazak Gurnah
- 10/5/2021: Adult books for teens who are ready to read beyond the YA shelf.
- 10/5/2021: Supply chain woes have hit the book world! Paperbacks to buy soon.
- 10/4/2021: 2021 Finalists for National Book Awards announced.
- October 2021: Witchy + Spooky books that we love!
- 9/29/2021: Recommended October books from The New York Times
- 2021 September Seattle Times book reviews catch up
- 9/28/2021: Books to read in October from The Washington Post
- 9/26/2021: 2021 Banned Books Week!
- 9/16/2021: NYT Fall Books Preview: Fiction
- 9/10/2021: Congratulations Jess Walter!
- 9/10/2021: 2021 Washington State Book Awards announced
- 9/7/2021: 15 Books to Read this Fall from the Washington Post
- 8/30/2021: 34 Most Anticipated Books of Fall 2021
- Dave Egger's new novel, hardcover edition, available at Indies only!
- 2022 Calendars are arriving!
- Latest Book Club choices from Oprah, Reese, Jenna + GMA
- 10/20/2021: Michelle was on Evening Magazine on King 5!
- October 2021: Gifting suggestions: Beautiful editions of classics with bonus content!
- Links for Book People
You are hereBack to top
Modern Comfort Food: A Barefoot Contessa Cookbook (Hardcover)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
#1 NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER • A collection of all-new soul-satisfying dishes from America’s favorite home cook!
NAMED ONE OF THE BEST COOKBOOKS OF THE YEAR BY The New York Times Book Review • Food Network • The Washington Post • The Atlanta Journal-Constitution • Town & Country
In Modern Comfort Food, Ina Garten shares 85 new recipes that will feed your deepest cravings. Many of these dishes are inspired by childhood favorites—but with the volume turned way up, such as Cheddar and Chutney Grilled Cheese sandwiches (the perfect match for Ina’s Creamy Tomato Bisque), Smashed Hamburgers with Caramelized Onions, and the crispiest hash browns that are actually made in a waffle iron!
There are few things more comforting than gathering for a meal with the ones you love, especially when dishes like Cheesy Chicken Enchiladas are at the center of the table. Old-fashioned crowd pleasers like Roasted Sausages, Peppers, and Onions are even more delicious and streamlined for quick cleanup. For dessert? You'll find the best Boston Cream Pie, Banana Rum Trifle, and Black and White Cookies you’ll ever make. Home cooks can always count on Ina’s dependable, easy-to-follow instructions, with lots of side notes for cooking and entertaining—it’s like having Ina right there beside you, helping you all the way.
From cocktails to dessert, from special weekend breakfasts to quick weeknight dinners, you’ll find yourself making these cozy and delicious recipes over and over again.
About the Author
Ina Garten is a New York Times bestselling author and the host of Barefoot Contessa on Food Network, for which she has won four Emmy Awards and a James Beard Award. She lives in East Hampton, New York, with her husband, Jeffrey.