- Browse Books
- Book Blog
- 6/24/20: New paperbacks: bestsellers, award winners, local authors!
- 6/16/20: Modern Scandanavian Baking, a new cookbook
- 6/16/20: Alternate history novel: "Rodham"
- 6/8/2020: New paperbacks from the Seattle Times
- 6/7/2020: Crows in Seattle are special!
- 6/5/2020: 3 female-authored crime fiction picks from Seattle Times
- 6/3/2020: Striving to be antiracist, with all the recommended reading we can find!
- 6/2/2020: NYT recommends June books
- 6/1/2020: Summer books to transport you recommended by The Washington Post
- "Malorie: A Bird Box Novel" : a crazy suck-you-right-in excerpt!
- 5/30/2020: Time Magazine's best books of 2020, so far!
- 5/18/2020: Bill Gates shares his favorite books to read Summer 2020
- npr recent author interviews
- 3/20/2020: We have jigsaw puzzles!
- Links for Book People
You are hereBack to top
The Library of Lost and Found (Hardcover)
Look for Phaedra Patrick's newest perfectly charming read, The Secrets of Love Story Bridge.
"Sweet and resonant." --People, "Best New Books" Pick
"A heartwarming and tender tale of growth and redemption.... Curl up by the fire with a cup of tea and a biscuit and be entranced by this delightful story." --Library Journal, starred review
A librarian's discovery of a mysterious book sparks the journey of a lifetime in the delightful new novel from the international bestselling author of The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper
Librarian Martha Storm has always found it easier to connect with books than people--though not for lack of trying. She keeps careful lists of how to help others in her superhero-themed notebook. And yet, sometimes it feels like she's invisible. All of that changes when a book of fairy tales arrives on her doorstep. Inside, Martha finds a dedication written to her by her best friend--her grandmother Zelda--who died under mysterious circumstances years earlier. When Martha discovers a clue within the book that her grandmother may still be alive, she becomes determined to discover the truth. As she delves deeper into Zelda's past, she unwittingly reveals a family secret that will change her life forever. Filled with Phaedra Patrick's signature charm and vivid characters, The Library of Lost and Found is a heartwarming and poignant tale of how one woman must take control of her destiny to write her own happy ending.