- Browse Books
- WOTS 2020
- Book Blog
- Bookshop Staff Holiday Gift Recommendations 2020
- 11/20/20: "Unsettled Ground" examines the shifting legacy of the 1847 Whitman massacre
- 11/19/20: Seattle’s indie booksellers suggest perfect gifts
- 11/18/2020: 6 new paperbacks
- 11/18/2020: National Book Awards announced
- Barack Obama Memoir November 17, 2020
- 15 Feel good books recommended by The Washington Post
- 11/11/2020: The Plot Thickens recommends recent crime books
- 11/12/2020: Shop Indie Bookstores now!
- 11/10/2020: Megan Rapinoe's new memoir "One Life"
- 10 books to read in November from the Washington Post
- 11/19/2020: 10 best books of 2020 from The Washington Post
- 11/23/2020: NYT Book Review 10 Best Books of 2020
- Links for Book People
You are hereBack to top
My Heart (Hardcover)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
From the author-illustrator of The Book of Mistakes comes a gorgeous picture book about caring for your own heart and living with kindness and empathy.
My heart is a window. My heart is a slide. My heart can be closed...or opened up wide.
Some days your heart is a puddle or a fence to keep the world out. But some days it is wide open to the love that surrounds you.
With lyrical text and breathtaking art, My Heart empowers all readers to listen to the guide within in this ode to love and self-acceptance.
About the Author
Corinna Luyken grew up in different cities along the West Coast, and after studying at Middlebury College, she settled in Washington State, where she draws inspiration from nature, her family, and the human form.
New York Times bestseller
Pacific Northwest Bookseller Association Book Award
★ "Soothing, simple phrasing and masterful printmaking harness metaphors to make a heart’s complexity accessible to children just recognizing its many manifestations . . . Sensitive, stunning words and pictures speak directly to young hearts." —Kirkus, starred review
★ "This must-buy for librarians and teachers has myriad educational uses; it begs to be read aloud, and it is a masterful blending of text and illustration." —School Library Journal, starred review
"Rhyming verse and sweet-tempered artwork by Luyken explore childhood emotions through images of the heart . . . Flashes of brilliant yellow illuminate smudgy black-and-white drawings, and heart forms can be found everywhere, in ironwork, tiny seedlings, and stars. The abstract nature of Luyken’s meditation will draw readers receptive to thoughtful examination." —Publishers Weekly