- Browse Books
- WOTS 2020
- Book Blog
- Bookshop Staff Holiday Gift Recommendations 2020
- 11/20/20: "Unsettled Ground" examines the shifting legacy of the 1847 Whitman massacre
- 11/19/20: Seattle’s indie booksellers suggest perfect gifts
- 11/18/2020: 6 new paperbacks
- 11/18/2020: National Book Awards announced
- Barack Obama Memoir November 17, 2020
- 15 Feel good books recommended by The Washington Post
- 11/11/2020: The Plot Thickens recommends recent crime books
- 11/12/2020: Shop Indie Bookstores now!
- 11/10/2020: Megan Rapinoe's new memoir "One Life"
- 10 books to read in November from the Washington Post
- 11/19/2020: 10 best books of 2020 from The Washington Post
- 11/23/2020: NYT Book Review 10 Best Books of 2020
- Links for Book People
You are hereBack to top
All Are Welcome (Hardcover)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Join the call for a better world with this New York Times bestselling picture book about a school where diversity and inclusion are celebrated. Perfect for every kid, family or classroom!
In our classroom safe and sound.
Fears are lost and hope is found.
Discover a school where all young children have a place, have a space, and are loved and appreciated.
Readers will follow a group of children through a day in their school, where everyone is welcomed with open arms. A school where students from all backgrounds learn from and celebrate each other's traditions. A school that shows the world as we will make it to be.
“An important book that celebrates diversity and inclusion in a beautiful, age-appropriate way.” – Trudy Ludwig, author of The Invisible Boy
About the Author
Alexandra Penfold is the author of Eat, Sleep, Poop (Knopf, 2016) and the forthcoming picture books The Littlest Viking (Knopf) and Everybody's Going to the Food Truck Fest (FSG). She is also a literary agent at Upstart Crow, where one of her clients is Suzanne Kaufman! Learn more about Alex on Twitter at @agentpenfold.
Suzanne Kaufman is an author, illustrator, and animator. Over the years she's done everything from animating special effects for Universal Television and the Discovery Channel to animating award-winning video games for children. She's the illustrator of a number of books for children including Samanthasaurus Rex by B. B. Mandell, the forthcoming Naughty Claudine by Patrick Jennings, 100 Bugs by Kate Narita and her own book, Confiscated! among others. Learn more about Suzanne online at suzannekaufman.com or on Twitter at @lilmonkeydraws.
"Penfold and Kaufman have outdone themselves in delivering a vital message in today's political climate." —Kirkus Reviews, starred review
“Celebrate a school community as a great common ground where families of all kinds connect and share in their children’s educational journey…. the book’s refrain of “All are welcome here” feels both deeply reassuring and almost radical in our polarized time.” —Publishers Weekly
“This is a must-read for pre-school and elementary classrooms everywhere.” – Trudy Ludwig, author of The Invisible Boy